Final Cut Pro X has robust built-in effects and features that you will find beneficial when editing your videos. Learning how to use the video editor should be in your skill set. This Final Cut Pro X Tutorial will help you learn everything you need to know about this software from Apple. We will walk you through the art of editing using Final Cut Pro X. From basic settings to advanced functions, you will be familiar with the software’s video editing toolset.
This tutorial will cover a wide range of features and functions including learning the interface, analyzing, importing and managing your media as well as understanding skimming and playback. You will also learn how to start your edit, work with markers, add sound and music, use transitions and visual effects, add text, work with stills and upload and export media. This Final Cut Pro X Tutorial will teach you how to edit audio and audio in the inspector as well.
Why Watch this Tutorial?
This Final Cut Pro X Tutorial is perfect for those who are using the Final Cut Pro X for the first time or are still new to this software. The tutorial is optimized for learning, so you can expect to learn at your own pace. You don’t have to worry about keeping up with anyone. This tutorial will also show you various ways to perform a task. You will learn what editing techniques to use to edit smarter and faster. Other things that you will learn in the tutorial include:
- How to create multicam clips
- Choosing between proxy, native and optimized media
- How to export clips and edit multichannel audio
- Managing projects and events
- How to copy and paste attributes
The tutorial is very easy to follow. You don’t need to worry about paying anything just to learn how to use Final Cut Pro X as this tutorial is totally free. If you have found other Final Cut Pro X tutorials hard to understand, our Final Cut Pro X tutorial is what you need. Watching this tutorial will give you the most rewarding learning experience.
Final Cut Pro X has plenty of organizational elements. There are 3 basic windows – the browser that contains the Libraries pane, the viewer for previewing clips and the timeline. You store your Libraries in the Libraries pane. It contains all of your clips, projects and events. Basically, it’s the place where you organize everything. The timeline displays the project you have loaded. It’s the place where you do your edits. The viewer displays your material’s visual output. Even if you are new to editing, it is not a problem. This Final Cut Pro X tutorial is just right for you.
If you have questions about how to use a certain feature, just watch this tutorial. Whether you are a serious video editor or you just want to edit the videos you have recorded during your party, you can benefit from this Final Cut Pro X tutorial.
If you want to know and learn the best ways to create digital slit scan video using Adobe After Effects, these tips are perfect for you.
- A footage doing very slow walk and twist was recorded at sixty frames per second. The sluggishness of this shift has been speed up with the use of After Effects remapping tool. The main goal is to offer you many frames that you can work with since once you begin applying the slitscan effect, you will need temporal resolution in order to acquire smooth result.
- The effect you will utilize to make the slitscan is located under Effects Menu. If you open your effects window, you will see property options. The first option is the layer you want to utilize for Time Displacement Map.
- Make sure you are working with 16 bit color, though you can abscond it with 8 bit for the speed while you are working. Then, turn it to 16 for your final render. Drop your displacement map under the original video and turn off its visibility. Select this layer which you just added as the Time Displacement Layer in your Time Displacement effect.
- The next 2 setting are the highest amount of the time displacement and Time Resolution. The utmost time dislodgment is how distant you want your pixels to be shifted. On the other hand, the resolution contains different frames per second that you desire to use. This is where having a lot of frames work with will help if you shot 24p, you will get lots of branding.
Follow the tips that are mentioned above and rest assured that you can easily create bizarre slitscan video without encountering any hassle, downtime and stress.
Tips on How to Edit Faster Using Premier Pro
If you are one of those people who want to speed up their editing using Adobe Premier, you’ve come to the right place. Here, you will learn and know the top tips on how to edit faster with Premier Pro.
- As you are scrubbing through your footage, you may have parts of the footage at the beginning that aren’t very nice and parts at the end that aren’t very nice either so here we have a rack focus going on and the clip begins as the rack focus is actually happening without experiencing any downtime.
- A quick way to easily adjust that is just position your current time indicator and pres Q. Q will trim the clip up to where the current time indicator is located and W will do that for the other side of the clip as well. When the rack focus is over, press W to trim the end of the clip so Q and W make trimming clips a breeze.
- Shift D is the default keyboard shortcut that will apply your default transition. The default transition is a cross-dissolve so when you press shift D while having the clip selected, a cross-dissolve goes on each end of the clip. You can select just the head of the clip and do shift D. You can select just the tail of the clip and do shift D or again select the whole clip and the head and the tail are now crossed dissolved. You can now have a nice dissolve with your rack focus going on here and you can dissolve in and dissolve away and it looks pretty now.
- When you want to rearrange some clips, a lot of people will take a clip move it down and then they’ll realize they punched a huge hole in the clip and they need to drag this over and drag it down. Don’t worry about that, just select your item that you want to move and hold down the command key. As you move those clips, you can see there is a new line on the left side with some arrows pointing to which direction the timeline is going to be adjusted.
See the Video Tutorials for more.. 😉
Different Types of Lighting for Various Location Shoots Perfect for Documentary Narratives
As far as lighting used for documentary narratives and other shootings is concerned, there are lots of choices to choose from. These lightings have their specific benefits to offer and flaws that you need to consider.
To give you an idea of all these lightings, here are some of the best lighting fixtures to consider:
These are the most famous lights you really have to consider. These may somehow be a bit expensive but people choose these one due because they could work through the use of these lights. They are also deemed to be energy-efficient and cool for you to touch. They also come in tungsten or daylight balance.
- Light Panels Micro Pro
This is a camera light that goes onboard your camera. This is perfect for events, live events, videography and documentaries. This is a very short lighting throw that can give light at exactly about five to seven feet maximum. But, if you want to emphasize the things you want to shoot, then you could just place the light in stand.
- Hot Lights
Actually, these are considered as tungsten balanced lights. These are among the most traditional lights that can still give you the best lighting experience. This is also especially during any shoot you want to have and that are perfect for indoor shoots.
These are only some of the best lights that you need to consider when it comes to various shoot locations. There are still a lot more of these lightings you must pay attention to. But, of course, it will still depend on what particular shoot you will make use of this lighting. All you have to do is to choose for the best one to meet your needs.
Introduction for Foley and Sound Effects for Film
Foley are the sound effects which are added to a film during the post-production. In the first glance, it might be odd to add back to the soundtrack those sounds that the sound recordist attempted to exclude. On the other hand, the key word here is “control”. Through excluding such sounds while filming and then adding them in post, there will be a complete control on the quality, timing, and the relative volume of the needed sound effects.
For instance, a preliminary shot of the biker who wears a leather jacket may be improved when we can hear the jacket creak while he is entering the shot, but will you ever want to hear that sound in each time he is moving? Through adding this Foley sound fx on post, it is very easy to control the intensity of it and make it fading when the dialogue starts. Even something that is simple as the boots on the gravel and sand interfere with dialogue’s comprehension when this kind of sound is recorded so loudly.
How Can It Be Done?
Foley is normally carried out by the Foley artists. The artists will be able to clearly see the screen that shows the footage in which they are about to add sound effects. .
Interestingly, many of the simple Foley sound effects are made even without the help of Foley artists. The sound effects are saved electronically and will be performed by a post-production sound engineer on the keyboard whilst he watches the visual. If it is done properly, this form of “Foley” sounds repetitive and bland and it’s nowhere near as adaptable as the real one, yet it is more affordable compared when you rent a Foley stage and pay the artists for creating quality Foley sound effects.
The Importance of Foley Sound Effects
With no Foley, a film will sound hollow and empty and the actors will appear like they are talking inside the vacuum.
Mr Foley – Shortcut By D.A.D.D.Y